New Swimmer Try Outs
Centennial Pool will have new swimmer try outs on Monday, April 4 from 7-7:30PM.
Sandy Pool will hold tryouts on Monday, April 4 and Wednesday, April 6 from 7-7:30PM. And the Gresham Pool holds tryouts on Tuesday April 5 & Thursday April 7 from 7-7:30PM. That evening swimmers will be evaluated and asked to "try us out" by attending free practices the following week. Upon completing these practices, swimmers, parents, and coaches can decide to continue with the swim team or gain further instruction through our Swim America Lesson Program.
If a swimmer is interested in transferring from another USA Swimming club to Maverick Aquatics Team, the following steps need to be completed.
1. Swimmer/family e-mails their current coach, registration chair & treasurer of their club with the end date of their participation with the team.
2. Swimmer’s family e-mails OSI Swimming www.oregonswimming.org, with the end date of their participation with their previous club.
3. An e-mail will be sent to the swimmers former head coach and Sean Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org) confirming steps one and two have been completed.
4. Swimmers/families may then contact a coach and join the Maverick Aquatics Team.
5. The Maverick Head Coach will contact the former club’s Head Coach and inform him/her of the transfer.
The Maverick coaching staff is not allowed to discuss competitive swimming with any athlete/parent from another club, registered with USA Swimming, until the above transfer requirements are met.